Who’d have thought that wellies and rain coats would one day become summer de rigueur? Well, congregating in a field with your friends to listen to some of your favourite songs played live is how an ever-growing number of us spend our summer season, and it continues to be a trend for event and wedding planners today. So this month, we thought it time to bring you some tips and ideas for hosting your very own summer festival-themed party. Rock on!
- SHOW ‘EM SOME FLAIR: Summer is the ultimate time to get fruity, so mobile Cocktails, or even a Gin bar is the perfect complement to a festival menu. A pop-up bar or retro van can offer trained mixologists and a bespoke menu built around your event, to wow your guests and keep ‘em deliciously refreshed.
- TRIBUTE ACTS: Knowing me, knowing you, aha! Everyone loves a sing-a-long with their favourite artists, and you can bring that magic to your own event with a tribute headliner; from ABBA to Bublé, Frankie Valli to Take That, we’ve got it covered!
- MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL: Props and a party atmosphere is all you need to get some great shots with a magic mirror. The latest, glamorous craze, hot on the heels of the traditional photo booth. Strike a full-length pose, customise your image with the on-screen paint pad, and your photos are in your hand within 10 seconds – so now who’s the fairest of them all?!
- ROAMING ACTS: Keep the hills/fields/garden alive with the sound of music, with a roaming act to move the music and your guests around the event. With more flexibility to get down and engage with the crowds, your guests will soon feel part of the festival action!
- STREET FOOD: Festival fodder is all about casual and carefree, stood amongst the delicious aromas of a street food offering, watching your nosh being cooked to perfection in front of your very eyes; from Vietnamese to Vegan, burgers to Bobotie, you can have the world on a plate!
- EXPERIENTIAL FLORIST: Interactive is the ‘in’ thing, so why not give your guests a flower-arranging table with the opportunity to try their hand at making a flower garland or headband to adorn their festival ensemble? A conversation starter and team-builder to-boot!
- ACOUSTIC ACTS: The midsummer sun brings a much-welcomed mellow vibe, so choose music to match! An acoustic artist creates a stripped back sound for you to melt away, kick back with friends, and enjoy some well-earned summer festival fun!
- OUTDOOR CINEMA: As the sun goes down, and your festival is festooned with the twinkle of fairy lights, allow your guests the opportunity of relaxing into some beanbags, with popcorn and a snuggle blanket, to watch a classic movie ‘al fresco’.
- SOUND AND LIGHTING: Where you’re having a multitude of acts, we recommend having a dedicated Audio Visual company to look after equipment, ensure a smooth changeover of bands, and to provide music throughout the event. We have trusted partners we work with who can take your event from day through to night, and keep a consistent festival vibe!
ELLE Entertainment is a small agent with a big heart, passionate about working with clients who are looking for high quality, live acts with the wow factor.
We only recommend acts we know and trust to be outstanding, Summer is on its way, so get in touch with us to cehck availability for your chosen artists or chat in more detail about what you would like to create! 0333 355 3619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lots of Love
ELLE Entertainment is a small agency with a big heart, passionate about working with clients looking for high quality, live acts with the wow factor. Search here to see what we can offer or contact us here with more info about your event and let us use our expertise to recommend the perfect acts for you.